The Renal Unit at Nanyuki Teaching and Referral Hospital construction, at a cost of KSh 14.5 million, has just been completed.
The building has been custom designed for renal dialysis and renal care. It is a departure from the renal units in the region which are established by modification and renovation of existing infrastructure.
The national government will equip the unit with renal dialysis machines in the month of February.
The features of the renal unit include:
1. Eight (8) dialysis beds
2. One (1) isolation/private dialysis bed
3. Water Treatment Plant in the machine plant room
These will be provided under the Managed Equipment Scheme.
Other facilities already incorporated, and for which will be equipped and provided for by the County Government include:
1. Reception and registration.
2.Recovery room with up to a capacity of four (4) beds.
3. Preparation room for fluids, dialysate and medicines.
4. Doctors consultation room
5. Nutritionist room
6. Nurse station
7. Sluice room for management of used linen and other supplies.
8. Medical Engineering lab for maintainance of the equipment.
9. Data room.
10. Staff room