The Education, ICT and Social Services Department has made the following achievements.
- Disbursed Kshs.90million bursary to over 10,000 needy students drawn across the county.
- In partnership with Laikipia County Ward Development Fund constructed 35 ECDE classrooms and enrolled 700 ECDE teachers each getting monthly stipend of Ksh 5,000.
- Distributed learning materials (Chalks and boards, manilla papers, books, pens, pencils, syllabus and health records) to 407 ECDE centres
- Constructed 2 dormitories each at Nanyuki and marmanet polytechnics, hair dressing and beauty therapy workshop at Nyahururu polytechnic and an administration block at Wiyumiririe polytechnic.
- Purchased computers ,Computer tables and seats, Cloth designs machines, Wood work machines, Motor vehicle diagnostic machine, Brick making machines and Leather work equipments to polytechnics in the county.
- Constructed 4 and 2 classrooms for Survey Secondary School and Makutano Day Secondary school respectively.
- Under primary school level the county government has constructed 22 new classrooms and renovated 8 classrooms.
- Constructed a classroom at Gatero Special School and supported 70 pupils and students in Laikipia Rehabilitation and Rescue Centre.
- Rehabilitated Nyahururu stadium and Nanyuki Stadium.
- Constructed Olkinyei Social hall and renovated Nanyuki and Nyahururu social halls.
In conjunction with SNV have completed the GIS mapping of all public ECDE centres and primary schools in the county